Consultant Psychologist – Selection and Assessment
Work Psychology Group (WPG) is looking to recruit a Consultant Psychologist, with experience in selection and assessment, to support our team in providing research-led occupational psychology consulting to clients across a range of sectors. We’re looking for someone with a minimum of 3-4 years’ relevant client-facing experience, in a consulting or internal role.
At WPG, we work in partnership with our clients to address their business needs and challenge them to think differently. We offer bespoke solutions that are both research-led and practical, to boost effectiveness, efficiency and fairness.
The role offers the potential for development and progression within a growing and well respected occupational psychology consultancy, while providing the opportunity to have a significant impact on client outcomes.
The role will involve:
- Leading and managing the day-to-day implementation of large and high-stakes projects, including the design, implementation and evaluation of bespoke psychometric assessment tools and solutions, including job analyses and assessment centres.
- Developing and maintaining effective client relationships.
- Undertaking analysis using both quantitative and qualitative techniques.
- Writing reports and executive summaries, to reach a range of audiences.
- Supporting business development, by writing project proposals, scoping deliverables and proposing workable solutions in partnership with clients.
- Dissemination of work through client conferences, presentations and publications.
We have offices in Derby and London, with flexibility to work from home. Currently, all our team are working from home due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Some UK-travel should be expected in future, in line with client requirements.
The experience and skills you’ll need:
- A proven track record (minimum 3-4 years’ experience post-Masters) in a relevant consultancy or internal role.
- Experience in leading a range of projects concurrently, in the area of selection and assessment, and ideally in the development and evaluation of bespoke psychometric tests.
- To work flexibly and co-operatively with colleagues and clients, communicating effectively and building positive relationships to achieve objectives.
- To work independently at pace, show initiative and transfer learning from one setting to another.
- To balance multiple priorities, plan ahead and re-prioritise work plans according to colleague and client needs.
- To be results focussed with attention to detail.
- To be competent with SPSS and Microsoft packages.
- To be in the process of registering as an Occupational Psychologist with the BPS / HCPC (desirable).
- To be a qualified Psychometric Test User in Occupational Ability and Personality Testing (desirable).
- To be educated to Masters level in Occupational Psychology or equivalent.
If you feel that you have the necessary qualifications and experience for this role, please send your CV and covering letter, noting the role you’re interested in, to Jo Hasse at email@example.com by no later than Monday 8th February 2021, 9am.