Work Psychology Group (WPG) is looking to recruit a Consultant, with experience in selection and assessment, to support our team in providing research-led occupational psychology consulting to clients across a range of sectors.
Consultant Psychologist Role
This is an excellent opportunity to continue to develop your skills and competence as a Consultant Psychologist in a successful consulting environment. The successful applicant will have gained experience in the relevant fields since graduating from an MSc degree in Occupational Psychology and will have relevant experience in the areas of selection and assessment. Key activities of the role will include:
- Leading and managing the day-to-day implementation of projects
- Designing and evaluating bespoke Situational Judgement Tests (SJTs) and other bespoke selection methods
- Designing and implementing bespoke assessment solutions, including job analyses and assessment centres
- Undertaking analysis using both quantitative and qualitative techniques
- Undertaking evaluation of organisational processes, including selection processes and large-scale talent management programmes
- Developing and maintaining effective client relationships
- Supporting Directors and Senior Consultants in business development by writing project proposals, scoping deliverables and proposing workable solutions in partnership with clients
- Writing technical reports and executive summaries to reach a range of audiences
- Dissemination of work through client conferences, presentations and publications
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of 3 years of experience of working in a relevant consultancy or internal role, with a specific interest in selection and assessment
- Educated to Masters level in Occupational Psychology (or equivalent)
- Proven track record of successfully leading a range of projects concurrently, working flexibly to balance multiple priorities based on client needs
- Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Proficient in conducting statistical analysis using SPSS
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Able to quickly build positive relationships and communicate effectively with colleagues and clients
- Able to work independently, at pace, and transfer learning from one setting to others
- Desirable: Experience in assessment and selection, and ideally in the development and evaluation of bespoke psychometric tests
- Desirable: A qualified Psychometric Test User in Occupational Ability and Personality Testing
Opportunities and Benefits
- Excellent opportunities for learning and career progression
- Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience
- Support for registration as an Occupational Psychologist with the BPS / HCPC
- Opportunities to work closely with senior staff and Directors
- Opportunities to attend internal and external CPD events including conferences
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Opportunity to work with a diverse client base, including private and public sector work
Our Head Office is in Derby, however there is flexibility to work from home. Currently, all our team are working from home due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Some UK-travel should be expected in future, in line with client requirements.
How to Apply and Key Dates
Please visit this link to apply: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/2512330469 .
If you have any questions about this role, please contact Jo Hasse at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information about the Work Psychology Group, please visit our website www.workpsychologygroup.com.
The closing date for applications is 12pm noon on Monday 7th June. Interviews will be held remotely, via teleconference, on the week commencing 14th June.