About Work Psychology Group
Work Psychology Group (WPG) is renowned for pioneering evidence-based consulting. We have an extensive amount of experience and expertise working in partnership with clients in high stakes settings, to develop, implement and evaluate bespoke selection and assessment methods. Due to our continued success and expansion, we are seeking to appoint a Psychologist.
We have a core team of full-time senior and consultant psychologists and we draw on the specialist skills of our extensive network of associates to create high performing project teams. Based in the UK, with a presence in South East Asia and Australia, we deliver results to a range of private and public sector clients internationally.
Founded by Professor Fiona Patterson and Dr Máire Kerrin, the team has strong consulting and research credibility, as we translate the latest research into practical and sustainable business solutions. We work with our clients in partnership to address their business needs and challenge them to think differently. We design bespoke solutions to optimise effectiveness and efficiency, transferring knowledge so that the solution is sustainable and is owned by our clients. We deliver tangible and valuable business benefits, with integrity.
This is an excellent opportunity for those who have recently completed their MSc (or are near to completion) to gain experience within an occupational psychology consultancy. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to work with and learn from our senior consultants, gaining valuable hands-on experience. We are looking people with a proven academic ability, an interest in research-led consulting and analysis, and excellent interpersonal skills. Key activities of the role will include:
• Supporting the day-to-day implementation of projects
• Supporting colleagues on large, complex and high stakes assignments
• Contributing to the design and evaluation of bespoke psychometric assessment tools
• Supporting the design and implementation of bespoke assessment solutions, including job analyses and assessment centres
• Supporting the evaluation of organisational processes, including selection processes and large scale talent management programmes
• Contribute to analysis using both quantitative and qualitative techniques
• Writing reports and executive summaries to reach a range of audiences
Qualifications and Experience
• Educated to Masters level in Occupational Psychology, or equivalent (or nearing completion)
• Accredited Masters Qualification providing eligibility to pursue Occupational Psychologist status
• Capable of conducting statistical analysis using SPSS and motivated to develop competence in this area
• Work-based experience of working as part of a team
• Able to work flexibly and co-operatively with colleagues and clients, to build positive relationships and support completion of contracted work
• Able to work independently at pace, show initiative and balance multiple priorities
• Attention to detail, both in terms of listening to instructions and picking up errors/double checking work etc.
• Work competently with Excel (including creating graphs), PowerPoint and Word (including formatting documents and creating tables in reports)
• Motivated to learn and able to transfer learning from one setting to others
• Effective communication, both verbally and in writing
• Desirable: A qualified Psychometric Test User in Occupational Ability and Personality Testing
Opportunities and Benefits
• Excellent opportunities for learning and career progression
• Competitive salary and benefits. Please note, during the application process, we will engage in an open and honest dialogue with you about salary expectations
• Opportunities to work closely with senior staff and Directors
• Opportunities to attend internal CPD events
• Friendly and supportive team environment
• Opportunity to work with a diverse client base, including private and public sector work
Our team are based throughout the UK, and we have office space in Derby and London, with flexibility to work from home. Currently, all our team are working from home due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Some UK-travel should be expected in future, in line with client requirements.
How to Apply and Key Dates
To apply for this role, please request an application form from WPGOffice@workpsychologygroup.com. For further information about the Work Psychology Group, please visit our website www.workpsychologygroup.com. The closing date for applications is Monday 20th September.