Work Psychology Group (WPG) is looking to recruit a Senior Consultant, to support our team in providing award winning and internationally recognised research-led occupational psychology consulting to clients across a range of sectors. We’re looking for someone with a minimum of 5 years’ relevant client-facing experience in a consulting or internal role, with experience and an interest in selection and assessment.
At WPG, we pride ourselves on our friendly and supportive culture. We are a passionate and highly skilled team, working together and in partnership with our clients to address their business needs and challenge them to think differently. We are a research-led consultancy, offering bespoke and sustainable solutions that are both evidence-based and practical, to boost effectiveness, efficiency and fairness. In addition, we support our clients in researching and applying practical recommendations to address complex challenges, boost organisational performance and manage change. We are very conscious about the impact that we can, and do, have on broader society and ensuring that we evaluate what we do, and so it is important our team are interested and have a good understanding of analysis, to allow them to evaluate validity and adverse impact, for example. Ultimately our work positively influences national policy changes and overall social impact; for example, our work in researching how to widen access to the professions.
The role offers the potential for development and progression within an award-winning, growing and well respected occupational psychology consultancy, while providing the opportunity to have a significant impact on client outcomes in high-stakes environments.
The role will involve:
- Project leadership: You will lead and undertake design, delivery and evaluation activities predominantly within the areas of selection and assessment and organisational development, working with clients at a senior level.
- Advisory and leadership: You will provide support to colleagues across the business, contributing to strategic issues, and providing guidance to a team of highly performing psychologists on project related activities, in particular supporting entry level/early career consultants.
- Business development: You will build strong new customer relationships and partnerships, as well as growing and retaining existing client relationships. You’ll also help to define the long-term strategic goals of WPG, to inform the development of future business offerings.
We offer a hybrid approach to working, with both home and office based working (our offices are based in Derby and London – we usually expect our team to meet others face-to-face around 4 times per month). Some UK-travel should be expected, in line with client requirements and business needs.
The experience and skills you’ll need:
- To be an ‘all-rounder’ given you’ll be involved in all stages of the consultancy cycle, and in internal functions across the business.
- A proven track record (minimum 5 years’ experience post-Masters) in a relevant consultancy or internal role.
- Experience in assessment and selection, including the development and evaluation of bespoke psychometric tests.
- Excellent consultancy and project leadership skills, including coaching and supervising of others, and being able to navigate the management of complex projects with senior stakeholders.
- To be competent with SPSS and Microsoft packages; to be skilled in carrying out and interpreting statistical analysis, and communicating appropriately to various audiences.
- To be educated to Masters level in Occupational Psychology or equivalent.
- To be registered as an Occupational Psychologist with the BPS / HCPC (desirable).
What you’ll get from us:
- Competitive salary package (negotiable dependent on experience), eligibility for annual team-based bonus, and regular salary reviews through our agreement for growth process
- If not already a Chartered Occupational Psychologist: Financial support with Qualification in Occupational Psychology (QOP) (Stage 2), and the opportunity to gain experience across all OP knowledge areas
- Enhanced Employer Pension (after a qualifying period)
- 25 days holiday per year, in addition to Bank Holidays, Birthday and Christmas Eve holiday
- Opportunities to buy and sell holiday
- Access to our Health Cash Plan (including 24/7 GP Access and allowances towards other medical treatment)
- Enhanced Maternity / Paternity Pay (after a qualifying period)
- Wellbeing workshops
- Opportunities for personal and professional development, including the ability to learn from and work with other experienced OPs
- Opportunities to attend international conferences and events
Opportunities to work on projects that contribute to thought-leadership within selection and assessment, and the chance to publish academic research
If you have the necessary qualifications and experience for this role, please send your CV and cover note to Sarah Stott at email@example.com by Friday 4th November 2022. Please note that we may close the application window early if we find the right applicant.
If your CV meets our requirements, we’ll arrange an informal virtual conversation to discuss prospective fit (from both sides), before progressing to an in-person interview.