At Work Psychology Group we are renowned for our pioneering evidenced-based consulting in high stakes selection, evaluation, organisational change and innovation. We have a core team of full-time Psychologists and we draw on the specialist skills of our extensive network of associates to create high performing project teams. Based in the UK, with a presence in South East Asia and Australia, we deliver results to a range of private and public-sector clients internationally.
Founded by Professor Fiona Patterson and Dr Máire Kerrin, the team has strong consulting and research credibility, as we translate the latest research into practical and sustainable business solutions. We work in partnership with our clients – to address their business needs and encourage them to think differently. We explore bespoke solutions to optimise effectiveness and efficiency, transferring knowledge so that the solution is sustainable and is owned by our clients. We deliver tangible and valuable business benefits, with integrity. Our core areas of expertise include:
- Selection and Assessment
- Organisational Change
- Talent Identification and Development
- Psychometrics and Evaluation
Details of the Role
At Work Psychology Group, we have set-up this Work Experience as an outreach programme, to provide an opportunity to gain a realistic job preview of what to expect from working as an Occupational Psychologist in an external consultancy practice. The programme is targeted at providing this opportunity for any MSc students that have not had any exposure to this type of environment before.
This is an excellent opportunity for an MSc student to:
- Gain paid work experience within occupational psychology projects and research areas
- Develop knowledge of a Consultant Psychologist role within a small consultancy
- Work and learn from other consultants and gain valuable experience to help with future careers
Specifically, we are offering a work experience programme where you would work one day per week, for four weeks. This is exclusively for MSc students, in Spring 2021, whereby you will have the opportunity to work with the team at WPG, receive training on some of our core areas of expertise, and contribute to our consultancy work.
The role will be home based, although throughout the programme, you will have opportunity to work alongside members of our research and consulting team, in addition to other MSc students completing the programme at the same time as yourself.
For taking part in the work experience, we will be offering a bursary payment of £265. Following the four week programme, there may be future paid associate opportunities, dependent on our portfolio of work at the time.
How to Apply and Key Dates
- To apply, you must be enrolled on a Work Psychology related MSc (e.g. Occupational Psychology, Business Psychology, Organisational Psychology). To ensure an improved representation in our workforce, applications are particularly welcome from a diverse range of backgrounds.
- If interested, please complete the application form (see below), outlining why you would like the opportunity to gain experience with us at Work Psychology Group and send to Emma-Louise Rowe (firstname.lastname@example.org), by 12pm Monday 1st February.
- If you have any questions about the programme, or if you are interested in gaining work experience but aren’t sure you have the availability for the four week programme, then please get in touch with us.
Please download and complete the application form by 12pm noon on the 1st of February (download here). Completed application forms are to be summited to Emma-Louise Rowe at email@example.com.